Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Drink it Up!

A Tale To Tell Of 

If the book The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield were a beverage it would be a complex Merlot, full bodied and delicious with a bit of spice- and I would order cases of it, gulping straight from each bottle!

I can not say enough about this book. As the dreary weather of winter continued to hold on, it was exactly what I was after. Closest related to a Gothic novel with dark mysteries and brooding family scandals, it had every element of a bonafide page turner- death, incest, shock, horror! I literally would gasp aloud as I read certain passages and actually peer pressured my reading ally and darling friend, Amy, to catch up to me and read it as well so I would have someone to talk to about the gory details.

I will say though that in my opinion it started kind of slow, but hold on and read all the back stories, as boring as they are it does make you appreciate the characters more in the long run. And just be prepared to have the book you read after it seem kind of dull; I am currently almost at the end of The Help by Kathryn Stockett, and even though I guess I like it, I still keep drifting back to The Thirteenth Tale in my mind.

So, if you are a reader, or just someone who likes wicked books.... RUN to the book store or click here and buy this book today! Love, love, love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment