Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Southern Culture Kitchen & Bar

Last week one of my very dearest friends came home from England. With over 10 years of friendship I wanted to take him somewhere special for dinner before he left again, so we headed to a great spot in Greenville called Southern Culture.

Elevated Southern comfort food sprinkled with a hipster vibe, it's hard for me to decide whether dinner or brunch is my favorite time to pull up a chair. Last night we went for dinner and I had the Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheeseburger with sweet potato fries (pictured below). I also added bacon because I figured that if I was going to fall off the diet wagon I wanted to do it going 120 mph, and I have to admit that the plummet was worth it. Big and delicious and juicy and flavorful and savory and sweet and.... ok I guess you get that I liked it. I can also recommend the Shrimp and Grits, Blue Grass Chicken Sandwich, Crab Cakes, and the sinfully delicious Banana Pudding in a mason jar as personal favorites.

Another shining star at this gathering spot is the brunch on both Saturday and Sunday. I've yet to go without seeing a friend recovering from the night before or there to dive into the delicious grub. My normal go-to-dish is the Fried Crab Cakes Benedict with a side of fried green tomatoes and if you are the adult beverage sampling sort you will also be as excited as I was to discover the bottomless mimosas for $12 and the build your own bloody mary bar.

So grub out my friends and make a reservation if you can... this place is becoming as hot as southern summers.


No comments:

Post a Comment